The Coat Program began in 1984 when approximately 30 children were provided with winter coats. The program has since grown into a program serving entire families in Ingham, Eaton and Clinton counties. Each October, we hold a clothing drive and provide gently used coats and other winter accessories, and warm clothing for adults and children.
This year due to decreased donations and to protect the health and safety of the families we serve and our dedicated volunteers, we are only able to provide coats for kids up through age 18. If you haven’t been contacted by someone from Give a Kid Projects by Friday, October 9, 2020 and are in need of a coat for your child, please contact our office at (517) 694-1230. You must have an appointment to pick up a coat. You will be required to wear a mask when you pick up your coat(s).
How to Receive Help
2020 Kids Coat Drive
Friday, October 16/Saturday, October 17/Sunday, October 18
By appointment only
Holt United Methodist Church
Corner of Cedar St. and Aurelius Road in Holt
What you will need to bring (required):
- Picture I.D. (Valid Driver’s License or State Identification Card
You will also be able to sign up for our Give-A-Kid-A-Christmas program when you pick up your coat(s) during your scheduled appointment time. Please have the following verifications available if you would like to sign up for the Christmas program:
- Proof of current address (property tax receipt, lease agreement, utility bill)
- Paperwork to verify income for ALL adults 18 & older in the home
- DHS case number, DHS Caseworker name and direct phone number
- Medicaid/insurance card OR birth certificate OR Social Security card to verify children 17 & under in the home
- If you do not live in the Holt School District, then you must bring proof that your child attends a Holt school (current report card, current school ID, signed statement from school, etc.)
- Clothing and shoe sizes and wish list for each child
How to Provide Help
Cash donations for the Coat Program are always appreciated!
If you prefer to mail a check, please make it payable to Give-a-Kid Projects and mail it to:
P.O. Box 576
Holt, MI 48842
We are currently not accepting donations of any type of clothing.
Volunteers are always needed to help sort and inventory incoming donations, and to help at various events. For more information, please call us at (517) 694-1230, or email us at email@example.com .