The Coat Program began in 1984 when approximately 30 children were provided with winter coats. We now provide over 500 winter coats each season and the program has since grown into a program serving entire families in Ingham, Eaton and Clinton counties. Each October, we hold a clothing drive and provide gently used coats and other winter accessories, and warm clothing for adults and children.
How to Receive Help
2021 Coat Distribution
Saturday, October 16th from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Holt United Methodist Church
(Corner of Cedar St. and Aurelius Road in Holt)
Masks will be required
What you will need to bring (required):
- Picture I.D. (Valid Driver’s License or State Identification Card
You will also be able to sign up for our Give-A-Kid-A-Christmas program when you pick up your coat(s)! Please have the following verifications available if you would like to sign up for the Christmas program while you pick up your winter coat(s):
- Proof of current address (property tax receipt, lease agreement, utility bill)
- Paperwork to verify income for ALL adults 18 & older in the home
- DHS case number, DHS Caseworker name and direct phone number
- Medicaid/insurance card OR birth certificate OR Social Security card to verify children 17 & under in the home
- If you do not live in the Holt School District, then you must bring proof that your child attends a Holt school (current report card, current school ID, signed statement from school, etc.)
- Clothing and shoe sizes and wish list for each child
How to Provide Help
Cash donations for the Coat Program are always appreciated!
If you prefer to mail a check, please make it payable to Give-a-Kid Projects and mail it to:
P.O. Box 576
Holt, MI 48842
We still have a couple of collection options available leading up to this year’s coat distribution. If you have gently used warm weather clothing you’d like to donate before Saturday the 16th of October, please call us at (517) 694-1230 and a volunteer will arrange a time to receive your donations. Thank you!
Volunteers are always needed to help sort and inventory incoming donations, and to help at various events. For more information, please call us at (517) 694-1230, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .