The Christmas Program started in 1993, and now helps provide Christmas for disadvantaged families who live in Holt or have a student attending Holt schools. Give-A-Kid-A-Christmas has helped hundreds of parents provide great memories for their children, ages 0-18 years old. In 2019, there were 215 families who received Christmas gifts and new clothing for their children. More than 500 children were able to return to school after the holiday break knowing they were remembered at Christmas just like their peers.
How to Receive Help
Due to Covid-19, the application process for this program will be handled differently this year.
We will begin accepting applications after October 18th for families who live in Holt or have a child who attends a Holt/Dimondale school. After October 18, 2020, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a phone interview to apply for the program.
What you will need to have available (ALL applications REQUIRE the following proofs):
- Picture I.D. (Valid Driver’s License or State Identification card)
- Proof of current address (property tax receipt, lease agreement, utility bill)
- Paperwork to verify income for ALL adults 18 & older in the home
- DHS case number, DHS Caseworker name and direct phone number
- Medicaid/insurance card OR birth certificate OR Social Security card to verify children 17 & under in the home
- If you do not live in the Holt School District, then you must bring proof that your child attends a Holt school (current report card, current school ID, signed statement from school, etc.)
- Clothing and shoe sizes and wish list for each child
How to Provide Help
There are several ways you can help provide a wonderful Christmas for our families this year. Pick the one(s) that works best for you. Your acts of kindness and generosity will make a huge impact in a child’s life this Christmas. Thank you in advance!
Adopting families for Christmas
If you are interested in adopting one or more children for Christmas (purchasing clothing and toys), please contact Carrie at (517) 694-1230.
We have a few Wish Trees available in the area this year. Please feel free to stop by, pick up a star with a Christmas gift listed, purchase the gift and return it to the Wish Tree location by December 10, 2020.
Wish Tree Locations:
- Dart Bank, 2469 N. Cedar St., Holt
- Ram’s Barber Shop, 1940 Aurelius Rd., Holt
Please check back often as we add additional locations.
Donate Items in Need from our Curated Amazon Wishlist
This Amazon Wishlist allows you to browse our specific needs, including toys and clothing, to support the children on our Christmas list. You can choose which items you would like to purchase from a variety of price points and, when you check out, those items will be sent directly to our headquarters for sorting and delivering to our area families.
Be sure to choose “Give-A-Kid-Projects” as your shipping destination upon checkout! Thank you!
Make a Monetary Donation
Monetary donations for the Christmas Program are always appreciated!
If you prefer to mail a check, please make it payable to Give-a-Kid Projects and mail it to:
P.O. Box 576
Holt, MI 48842
Volunteers are always needed to help sort and inventory incoming donations, and to help at various events. For more information, please call us at (517) 694-1230, or email us at email@example.com .