The Christmas Program started in 1993, and now helps provide Christmas for disadvantaged families who live in Holt or have a student attending Holt schools. Give-A-Kid-A-Christmas has helped hundreds of parents provide great memories for their children, ages 0-18 years old. In 2018, there were more than 225 families who received Christmas gifts and new clothing for their children. More than 700 children were able to return to school after the holiday break knowing they were remembered at Christmas just like their peers.
How to Receive Help
We will begin our sign up for Christmas 2019 at the Coat Drive on October 19th. Additional times to sign up will also be announced by the end of October.
What you will need to bring (ALL applications REQUIRE the following proofs):
- Picture I.D. (Valid Driver’s License or State Identification card)
- Proof of current address (property tax receipt, lease agreement, utility bill)
- Paperwork to verify income for ALL adults 18 & older in the home
- DHS case number, DHS Caseworker name and direct phone number
- Medicaid/insurance card OR birth certificate OR Social Security card to verify children 17 & under in the home
- If you do not live in the Holt School District, then you must bring proof that your child attends a Holt school (current report card, current school ID, signed statement from school, etc.)
- Clothing sizes and wish list for each child
How to Provide Help
Cash donations for the Christmas Program are always appreciated!
If you prefer to mail a check, please make it payable to Give-a-Kid Projects and mail it to:
P.O. Box 576
Holt, MI 48842
We are current accepting donations of the following NEW items:
- Jeans (toddler to adult sizes)
- Pajamas (infant to adult sizes)
- Winter boots (toddler to adult sizes)
- Winter coats (infant to adult sizes)
- Underwear (infant to adult sizes)
Donations are accepted at 4064 Holt Road. Please call (517) 694-1230 to arrange a time to drop off donations. Additional drop off locations will also be announced later this year.
Adopting families for Christmas
Please contact us for more information.
Will be located at area businesses. Please check back for locations as they are added.
Volunteers are always needed to help sort and inventory incoming donations, and to help at various events. For more information, please call us at (517) 694-1230, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .