The Christmas Program started in 1993, and now helps provide Christmas for disadvantaged families who live in Holt or have a student attending Holt schools. Give-A-Kid-A-Christmas has helped hundreds of parents provide great memories for their children, ages 0-18 years old. In 2018, there were more than 225 families who received Christmas gifts and new clothing for their children. More than 500 children were able to return to school after the holiday break knowing they were remembered at Christmas just like their peers.
How to Receive Help
We are now accepting applications for families who live in Holt or have a child who attends a Holt/Dimondale school.
Sign up times:
Any Monday from 2:00 – 4:00 pm
Any Thursday from 5:00 – 7:00 pm
Sign up at:
4064 Holt Rd.
Holt, MI 48842
Sign up ends December 12.
Please sign up as soon as possible!
What you will need to bring (ALL applications REQUIRE the following proofs):
- Picture I.D. (Valid Driver’s License or State Identification card)
- Proof of current address (property tax receipt, lease agreement, utility bill)
- Paperwork to verify income for ALL adults 18 & older in the home
- DHS case number, DHS Caseworker name and direct phone number
- Medicaid/insurance card OR birth certificate OR Social Security card to verify children 17 & under in the home
- If you do not live in the Holt School District, then you must bring proof that your child attends a Holt school (current report card, current school ID, signed statement from school, etc.)
- Clothing and shoe sizes and wish list for each child
How to Provide Help
There are several ways you can help provide a wonderful Christmas for our families this year. Pick the one(s) that works best for you. Your acts of kindness and generosity will make a huge impact in a child’s life this Christmas. Thank you in advance!
Adopting families for Christmas
If you are interested in adopting one or more children for Christmas (purchasing clothing and toys), please contact Carrie at (517) 694-1230.
If you would like to provide a specific item for a child, you can choose a wish star from any of the Christmas wish trees located at various businesses and churches throughout Holt, Dimondale, and Mason. You choose a star, buy the gift listed on the star, tape the star to the unwrapped gift, and return it to the same wish tree where the star was taken.
You will find Christmas wish trees at these locations:
- Holt United Methodist Church
- Holt –Delhi Capital Area District Library
- Union Bank (Dimondale)
- Dart Bank (Holt)
- Rams Barber Shop
- 7-11 (Holt)
- Volz Family Chiropractic
- Holt High School – Main Campus Office
- Spartan Barricading
- Mason/Holt Eagles
- Great Lakes Independent Insurance Agency
We are currently accepting donations of the following NEW items:
- Jeans (toddler to adult sizes)
- Pajamas (infant to adult sizes)
- Winter boots (toddler to adult sizes)
- Winter coats (infant to adult sizes)
- Underwear (infant to adult sizes)
- Toys/games/arts & crafts (infant through teenager)
Donations are accepted at 4064 Holt Road. Please call (517) 694-1230 to arrange a time to drop off donations. Additional drop off locations will also be announced later this year.
New this year! You may also drop off donations of pajamas, socks and underwear at all LO Eye Care locations before Friday, December 6.
Cash donations for the Christmas Program are always appreciated!
If you prefer to mail a check, please make it payable to Give-a-Kid Projects and mail it to:
P.O. Box 576
Holt, MI 48842
Volunteers are always needed to help sort and inventory incoming donations, and to help at various events. For more information, please call us at (517) 694-1230, or email us at email@example.com .