The Christmas Program started in 1993, and now helps provide Christmas for disadvantaged families who live in Holt or have a student attending Holt schools. Give-A-Kid-A-Christmas has helped hundreds of parents provide great memories for their children, ages 0-18 years old. In 2019, there were 215 families who received Christmas gifts and new clothing for their children. More than 500 children were able to return to school after the holiday break knowing they were remembered at Christmas just like their peers.
How to Receive Help
Due to Covid-19, the application process for this program will be handled differently this year.
We will begin accepting applications after October 18th for families who live in Holt or have a child who attends a Holt/Dimondale school. After October 18, 2020, you can email us at email@example.com to schedule a phone interview to apply for the program.
What you will need to have available (ALL applications REQUIRE the following proofs):
- Picture I.D. (Valid Driver’s License or State Identification card)
- Proof of current address (property tax receipt, lease agreement, utility bill)
- Paperwork to verify income for ALL adults 18 & older in the home
- DHS case number, DHS Caseworker name and direct phone number
- Medicaid/insurance card OR birth certificate OR Social Security card to verify children 17 & under in the home
- If you do not live in the Holt School District, then you must bring proof that your child attends a Holt school (current report card, current school ID, signed statement from school, etc.)
- Clothing and shoe sizes and wish list for each child
How to Provide Help
There are several ways you can help provide a wonderful Christmas for our families this year. Pick the one(s) that works best for you. Your acts of kindness and generosity will make a huge impact in a child’s life this Christmas. Thank you in advance!
Adopting families for Christmas
If you are interested in adopting one or more children for Christmas (purchasing clothing and toys), please contact Carrie at (517) 694-1230.
We hope to be able to have Wish Trees available in the area this year. Please check back for locations.
We hope to be able to begin accepting donations of the following NEW items soon:
- Jeans (toddler to adult sizes)
- Pajamas (infant to adult sizes)
- Winter boots (toddler to adult sizes)
- Winter coats (infant to adult sizes)
- Underwear (infant to adult sizes)
- Toys/games/arts & crafts (infant through teenager)
More details will be coming soon. Thank your for your understanding as we work through this season together!
Cash donations for the Christmas Program are always appreciated!
If you prefer to mail a check, please make it payable to Give-a-Kid Projects and mail it to:
P.O. Box 576
Holt, MI 48842
Volunteers are always needed to help sort and inventory incoming donations, and to help at various events. For more information, please call us at (517) 694-1230, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .